TRITON MINERALS – AIMING TO BE THE NEXT EAST AFRICAN GRAPHITE PRODUCER – A NEW APPROACH
Triton Minerals Limited (ASX Code: TON) is an emerging ASX listed company developing world-class graphite projects in the Cabo Delgado region of Northern Mozambique, arguably one of the world’s best graphite locations, for the graphite revolution.
Graphite is a strategically important commodity for the future
- Large Flake is used for flame-retardant materials industry (Expandable products)
- Small Flake is a key component in the anode of the Lithium Ion Battery (LiB) – Each Electric vehicle (EV) requires ~50kg of flake graphite
- Natural flake graphite (such as Triton’s) has a lower carbon footprint than synthetic graphite
- USA, the EU and Japan have designated Graphite as a strategic and critical mineral
Ancuabe Graphite Project
- Triton’s Flagship project with a robust Definitive Feasibility Study1(DFS) completed in 2017
- 46 MT Resource @ 6.6% TGC and 24.9 MT Reserve @ 6.2% TGC
- 59% large flake graphite (>180µm), 32% jumbo flake graphite (>300µm)
- Robust Financials of NPV US$298 million, IRR 37%
- Project will produce a diverse range of graphite concentrates which are suited to the expandable, battery and refractory graphite markets
- Concentrate is predominately large flake and high purity graphite (56%), which commands a premium price
- 20% of the concentrate is also fine flake which is suited for the emerging battery graphite market
- A large local work force which is well trained and educated
- Access to establish infrastructure such as roads, power and close to two Indian Ocean container ports
Mozambique: The premier location for graphite
- Mozambique is a stable jurisdiction, with a pro-resource development government
- Cabo Delgado is a proven graphite producing region with two operating graphite mines adjacent.
- The AMG GK mine is immediately adjacent to Ancuabe
- Syrah Resources Balama mine is close by (150km’s West) which is the world’s largest graphite producing facility.
Triton is currently developing its flagship Anucuabe Graphite Project into development.
Investor Presentation and Graphite Market Information
Read an Article about Graphite Shortage:
01 May 2023
20230501 Notification of Issue Conversion or Payment up of Unquoted Equity Securities
01 May 2023
20230501 Notice under section 708a(5)(e) of the corporations act 2001 (cth)
01 May 2023
20230501 Applocation for quotation of securities
01 May 2023
20230501 A$5m Placement to Shandong Yulong Completed
28 April 2023
20230428 Quarterly Activities Report for Period Ending 31 March 2023
27 April 2023
20230427 Notice of Annual General Meeting and Explanatory Memorandum to Shareholders
12 April 2023
202300412 Results of General Meeting
Ancuabe’s large flake and high purity graphite is a key differentiator and is well-positioned to be a market leader in the expandable graphite market.
In December 2017 triton completed a Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS), which confirmed robust economics and a high quality, high margin graphite project with a long mine life.
In October 2021 Triton commenced a Strategic Review and Desktop Study of the Ancuabe Graphite Project, focused on bringing the Company’s flagship project into production in the short term, at a small scale but on a commercially viable basis.
From this Strategic Review and Desktop Study a “New Approach to the development of Ancuabe Project has been developed, which is a Commercial Pilot Plant (CPP). The CPP is planned to a 250ktpa processing plant producing 15,000 to 17,000 tpa of graphite concentrate on a commercially viable basis and quickly as possible.
Triton is ideally positioned to become a significant player in one of the fastest developing markets globally.